Saturday 25 June 2011

Fundraising

We have all been working very hard to fundraise for the project to Guyana. As we have been mostly doing this independently (mainly because of our positioning throughout the country) we'll do a brief update separately. This is also a good way to have a better introduction to team Guyana:

I'm Hannah, a Brownie and Ranger guider in Bath. I am currently reading for a PhD in Timber Structures (specifically looking at the connections and geometry in folded timber plates). I am currently renovating and decorating a Victorian cottage which is testing my DIY skills. In my free time I enjoy making things, mainly jewellery making and cross stitching as well as geocaching and dancing.

For my fundraising I have done a range of activities. I ran the Bath Half marathon in March, thank you to everyone who sponsored me. I have also organised a Beetle drive and a Barn dance. Both of which were lots of fun and thanks to everyone who came. I particularly impressed with the baskets everyone danced :)

Hello, I'm Lizette (aka Liz, Lizzy and oi you!). I am a Guide and Senior Section Guider in Ossett District and the Programme Development Advisor/Secretary for Wakefield North Division. I am currently working at a bank, in the Digital department as a Quality Analyst (I review complaint root causes and provide analysis to the project managers). My free time is spent either knee deep in a Guiding project or guiding related interests (geocaching, camping, hiking).

I have finished my fundraising, and reached my target of £2000 by organising a range of events. I organised a pub quiz, a fashion show and a three course meal at the community centre. Thank you to everyone who came along, donated raffle prizes or donated money (if unable to attend). I would not have been able to do it without guys :)

Hey, I am Claire, I am a Guide and Rainbow leader in Dingwall, in the highlands of Scotland and in Kirriemuir near Dundee in Scotland. At the moment i have just finished my 1st year of my Theological degree. In my free time when i am not busy with my degree and guiding, i go walking, and doing crafts such as making wedding invites and doing cross-stitch.

I have now finished all my fundraising, i have done this from getting grants from certain groups, like the rotary and my local county. I also had a Christmas quiz and one of my groups of guides held a beetle drive. Thanks to everyone that helped me with all my fundraising.

Hello, I'm Elizabeth and I am a Rainbow leader in Surrey, though I am currently without a unit because I am about to move house.  I am studying and working part-time at the moment, but both of these will be finished by the time we head to Guyana.  From September I will be beginning my 'proper' graduate job in London which I am really excited about!  Outside of working, studying and Guiding, I also run a youth group, love doing Zumba and going out with my friends.

I have almost finished my fundraising and have done things like host a curry night at a local curry house (Thank you Haweli!) who gave me a percentage of their profits from the evening.  I also had a coffee and cake morning with a raffle, book sale and jewellery sale amongst other things which was a huge success thanks to the generosity of my friends and neighbours.  Thank you to everyone who has supported me!

Hi... I'm Nikki and I'm a Guide Leader in Bedford/Bath. Having just finished my degree in Maths and Physics at Bath University I am heading home to Bedford next year to start my PGCE to become a Maths Teacher. Outside of Uni and Guiding I enjoy playing hockey and chilling with friends!

Fundraising is going well. To add to the generous grants I have received from various people, I have been carol singing at Loch Fyne restaurant, held a 'Dine and Donate' dinner and a Brownie and Guide sleepover. Thank you to everyone that has helped me raise money for the project. I can't wait to go now!

Hello, I'm Sara a Guide and Senior Section leader and the GOLD Guyana 2011 team leader.  I'm from Meirionydd in North Wales but currently live work and Guide in Oxford.  I work in Environmental Development at Oxford City Council.  I enjoy being out of doors including camping, walking, cycling and traveling.

Guyana planning and fundraising is going really well.  I have almost raised enough thank you to everyone who has guessed the dogs Birthday, purchased badges and donated towards my fundraising.

In four weeks time we will be on the plane being given the safety talk!  I can't wait to be part of the second year of project with a team that have worked very hard in fundraising and planning the training sessions for project.  Well done team. 

GOLD team Guyana 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment